Here are the things I have been loving the most during May. I honestly CANNOT BELIEVE it is now June?! Where has this year gone??
1. For a small period of time in May we had some sunshine (where did that vanish to?) so I thought this was the perfect excuse to wear my new ASOS sunnies. I seem to have a bit of an obsession with sunglasses and my collection is getting out of control... especially for the amount of days we actually get sunshine here in England! These ones have the cutest cat eye edges and blue reflective lenses that can double up as a mirror HELLO perfect pair of sunnies!
2. Nars Laguna is my all time favourite bronzer for contouring and now it's Spring I've been reaching towards it a lot more instead of my usual blushes. I feel it gives the perfect bronze glow and helps me look like I have a hint of a cheek bone... which I don't...hello moon face.
3. This REN ever calm gentle cleansing milk has been rescuing my skin recently. I have combination skin but do get patches of eczema around my mouth and chin and I'm always wary of what I put on my face when it flares up but this is so gentle it doesn't irritate me in the slightest and actually helps reduce the dryness and itching.
4. I got this Loreal Lumi Magique primer recently when I thought my make up needed a bit extra to help brighten my dull skin and I'm actually really impressed. When swatching it looks quite shimmery on the hand but actually once you apply it to your face it just gives you a lovely dewy finish. I do really recommend this!
5. My favourite Mac lipstick All Fired Up had to make it in my favourites. I wear this so often and IT IS SO LONG LASTING! It's part of their retro matte range which can be a little drying but by prepping the lips first and carrying a lip balm around with you this problem is solved very quickly. If you love a matte lipstick you have to check this collection out.
6. I've already mentioned the Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive on my blog recently but it's been my go to lip product most mornings so had to pop it in my favourites.
7. I'm completely obsessed with candles so I couldn't not mention this one. It's a yankee candle in the scent Black Coconut and it is so nice! It smells like holiday in a jar! Mmm.
8. Urban Decay do the best eyeshadow primers and this one in the colour Sin is perfect for days when you want to look like you have made an effort but actually you've slept in way past your alarm.. so me most mornings!
9. In Spring time I like to bring out my pastel nail varnishes and this Loreal ones are so cute. I have the shades 851 Nouvelle Vague and 856 Peach Neglige and they are both gorgeous. They are super smooth to apply and a perfect size to just pop in your bag for any on the go touch ups.
10. BEST PURPLE SHAMPOO EVER. Period. All you blondes out there know how important a purple shampoo is and ever since first dip dying my hair quite a few years ago I've been on the hunt for one that actually works. Welcome the Fudge Violet Toning Shampoo. I tend to leave it on my hair for about 15 minutes and it turns my hair the perfect ashy shade I love. It can leave a slight purple tint in the hair but personally I love that so no complaints from me. The smell is divine and what I can only try and describe as vanilla pudding? Dreamy..
Sorry for the long ass post but I've clearly been loving quite a lot of things this month. Let me know what your favourites have been in May.